To foster and support academic, intellectual, and personal enrichment inside and outside of the classroom, toward the pursuit of excellence and lives of meaning and purpose. The Office of Undergraduate Research, Grants & Programs, and Sophomore, Junior, and Senior Experience work together to connect students to faculty, research and personal development opportunities, and intellectual community.
- Ensure all students recognize what it means to attend a research university
- Center our work in current research and contemporary best practices, modern student development theory, and integrated reflection
- Ensure our thinking is driven by data, rigorous assessment, and research-based initiatives
- Understand that meaningful connection with faculty is fundamental to the Tulane undergraduate experience
- Offer to all students accessible and equitable mentorship and research opportunities, a research community, and a sense of place in the College
- Inspire intellectual curiosity, personal development, and academic excellence
- Develop the whole student—integrating intellectual, emotional, and human development
- Approach all our work with a feminist, anti-racist, and inclusive framework
- Model transparency, integrity, accountability, and responsibility
- Involve and center students in decision-making
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Statement
We are a community in which every member’s full, authentic self is valued and respected, and we are committed to antiracism and the elimination of discrimination in all its forms at all organizational levels and throughout all programs. Our definition of diversity includes diversity by position, gender, race, creed, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, family status, gender identity, formal education, life experience, religion, learning styles, and geographic location. We champion a philosophy of pluralism that enriches our professional, educational, and personal experiences.