Halfway to Graduation!
The Junior Year Experience is designed to support you as you dive deep into academics, career planning, public service, student leadership, and self-exploration.
Meet with your academic advisor and faculty mentors to complete a degree audit and review your degree plan. Ensure that you’re making progress in your major as well as your Newcomb-Tulane College degree.
The Office of Study Abroad sends nearly 600 students abroad each year. Is this you? Make the most of your semester on campus. See what opportunities await you.
Enhance your relationships with faculty and staff. Go to office hours or seek out a mentor in your academic field of study. Visit the Student Success team to refresh your study skills and expand your learning beyond the classroom. Speak with the Office of Fellowships and Advising to prepare for graduate and professional opportunities after graduation.
Look into routines and practices that can assist you with balance in your life.
- What are your priorities?
- Reconsider and refine your values and passion. What is your calling and purpose?
- Develop your leadership skills by considering ways to refine your campus involvement. What will your legacy be?
- Reflect on who you are and who you want to be. What is your motivation?
- Take time to consider who your role models are in your life. Why are they your role models?
Lagniappe is an old Creole word for "a little something extra." Add more to your junior year experience: Create a campus and New Orleans bucket list, show your school spirit and attend Tulane athletic events, go to on-campus lectures and performances.